A timelapse for the modelling process and part of the rigging process for Pointy from my forthcoming cartoon “A moment in the sun”. The video is unedited, complete with questionable decisions and short pauses when I get stuck – but there’s a text box to show you what’s up to an extent.
This character’s only ever meant to be seen side-on, hence the weird geometry.
In this video you can see:
- skinning/binding the rig to a mesh (lots of skinning)
- driven shape corrections
- testing rigging and skinning/binding using simple animation
- how to rig a hacky set of “cup” eyelids
- skinning/binding a rig to curves using hooks and bone parenting
- building a (crappy) FK/IK switched arm rig
- skinning a hand and fingers
Blender 2.71 test version in the hizzouse. Release candidate should be out later this week. 🙂