It’s been 22 to 28 October 2017 and Blender Conference 2017 is in full swing! If you couldn’t make it either, there’s live streams from the venue and a Twitter hashtag for livetweeting. There’s a handy schedule of presentations on the website too.
Friday’s presentation highlights for me included:
- Ton’s keynote, of course! (No Australians at all this year, apparently?)
- Daniel Martinez Lara showing off a prospective animatic for the new Blender Open Movie “Hero” and talking up 2D animation in 3D space
- Dr Vasilii Shishkin follows up his 2015 talk with how Blender is being used in orthopaedic surgery (even literally in the operating room!)
- Chris McFall of United Filmdom simultaneously explaining how to rig a jellyfish and possibly setting a conference record for bawdy innuendoes per minute.
- Hjalti Hjalmarsson revisiting his revised animation principles talk from last year to huge success!
- Alexander “zuggamasta” Mitzkus unlocks the secrets of metaballs for the 2010s
RYGCBMKO didn’t make it to the conference film festival selection in the end, but it scored better than I thought it would!
Here’s this week’s Inktober sketches.
See you next week for the last of Inktober!